Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Grandmother's school in South Wales.


This photo was taken in 1969 when my Grandma, Alma May (Palmer) Williams visited Penygraig, Wales.
I never knew where this was when I visited in 2007.
I didn't even know the name of the school!


So back in 2015 I looked up where schools would be on Google map in relation to #15 Wyndham Street where the Palmer family lived at the time. On September 10, 2015 I was looking at old photos in my Dad's stash, and came across the one at the top of this post. I zoomed in on the photos of the schools but nothing looked like my photo.
So I then searched Google images of the two schools and found this one, which is identical!




I knew I'd found the school!
It's Penygraig Infants School at Hendrecafn Road in Penygraig, Tonypandy RCT CF40 1LJ

I thought I'd blogged about this, but I hadn't so it took me some time to wonder if I'd put it on my Williams/Palmer family Facebook page, and lo and behold I had, way back in September 2015! I checked in the photos and then scrolled back 2 years. That was a job!
But here is the information. My Grandma's siblings would have attended this school too. 

By Loretta (Williams) Houben



No comments:

Post a Comment