Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!


This is one of my favourite photos of the Williams family, taken in Spalding, Saskatchewan in the 1930's. Date unknown. My Dad was born in 1929 so I guess this could be around 1935.
My Dad is wearing a tie, so I guess they are going to church.
My grandparents had both died before I ever saw this photo in my Dad's collection.
When you are growing up and raising your own family you just don't clue in to the past generation until it's too late to ask questions.
So if your grandparents are alive, speak to them today!

I'm glad that I have these photos though, and this one was very scratched so I used my handy PicMonkey photo program to erase all the scratches and it looks so much better.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful hard working moms!

By Loretta (Williams) Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment