Saturday, November 14, 2015

Somerset, land of my ancestors.


These are my Palmer relatives.
I've mainly been blogging about the Williams side, but it's time to write about the Palmers.
Here's how the people above are related to me.
Florence (Bellamy) age 43 and Herbert Henry Palmer age 42 are in the middle, surrounded by their children on their way to the new country of Canada.
My grandma, Alma May (19) is on the right of her father in the cloche hat.
Notice the warm clothes all are wearing in the month of July!
The youngest children, Violet on the right, and Harry in front of his dad, are the twins, age 5.
John, (11) is on the left with Norman (17) beside him.
On the right is Sydney (9).

Today I found an interesting item on Ancestry, UK site.
I'll write about that in a separate post.
But I want to include a link to a post about Somerset England here.
It has beautiful photos and posts about this beautiful land where my ancestors lived since the 1600's.
Yes, I've been able to trace the Bellamy family back that far.
I've had an exciting 2 months searching Ancestry's records.


The above shows how I can trace back to the Bluetts in 1669.
I think I have many things to research.
By Loretta (Williams) Houben




No comments:

Post a Comment