Sunday, September 13, 2015

Elizabeth Ellen Williams...my great aunt in North Wales.


My great aunt, Elizabeth Ellen Williams, is a mystery.
She appears on the 1891 Welsh census, age 6, making her year of birth 1885.
The census states she was born in Merioneth, Festiniog.

The only other clue I have for Elizabeth is this one.
My grandma kept this postcard of Blurton Church, which is in Blurton, Staffordshire.
The church is now known as St. Bartholomew and is still in operation.
My grandma calls Elizabeth "Eloner". She states she is Jack's sister.
So this is the correct Elizabeth. 


Sadly, Elizabeth Ellen's baby died by falling into a tub of hot water. Seeing as the baby is buried in England, it wouldn't have taken place in Wales, as my grandma stated above.
The baby is buried to the side of the door, by the "very old fashioned church".
I assume Elizabeth and her family were living in Stoke-on-Trent at the time.
When I checked out the map, it isn't really that far from Blaenau Festiniog.


Here is a recent photo found online.


Here is a Google map photo found online. This may be the closest I'll ever come to the little baby's grave. This would be my dad's little cousin.


One more picture of St. Bartholomew's Church.
I might try contacting someone at the church through their website.
If I hear anything back, I'll post it here.

By Loretta (Williams) Houben



No comments:

Post a Comment