Friday, September 18, 2015

John Griffith Williams...my grandfather.


My grandpa, John Griffith Williams on the left above, was born
on February 17, 1888 in Blaenau Festiniog, North Wales, to Joseph and Elizabeth Williams.
This is the earliest photo I have of him.
He appears with his family on the Welsh 1891 census, age 3. 


John was known as Jack. He is 2nd from the left in the front row, with a friend known only as "Jones" in this photo. Date unknown.


I don't know the name of the ship, or the date John came to Canada.
But he arrived in 1910, so the above information may be true.
It shows a John Williams sailing from Liverpool on April 21, 1910, to Quebec, Canada, on the Corsican, part of the Allan line steamship company.
This was found on FindmyPast website.


Ticket # 33652 shows a John Williams, which I like to imagine is my grandpa.


An old postcard found online showing the SS Corsican.


John at an early age, most likely in Canada, on his horse Tim.


John, with dreams of being a cowboy.
He settled in Three Hills Alberta, on Hugh Parry's ranch.
I'm not sure if that is Hugh on the left or not.

By Loretta (Williams) Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment