Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Joseph and Elizabeth Williams' children.


This is one of the earliest photos I have of the three Williams brothers.
My paternal grandpa, John Griffith, is on the left.
Robert David is seated in his navy uniform.
William Joseph is on the right.
I find it unusual that they all had a middle name.
The photo was taken at 59 High Street in Blaenau Festiniog, North Wales.
This would have been before 1910, the year in which John sailed for Canada for a new life on the prairies.


Isn't John handsome? I don't know the date of this photo.
It was either taken before he left for Canada, or shortly after he arrived.
I will write about each of the brothers separately, but wished to have them all in one post.


I discovered this photo today, Sept 9, 2015, in my Dad's box of old photos.
I'd never seen it before. It was taken in a studio in Stonehouse, Plymouth, which is part of Devon in England. I searched online and discovered the photographer, George Thomas Bayley,
in Kelly's Directories for 1902.
This is young Robert David Williams, a sailor in the navy.
The ship's name is HMS Warrior.


William Joseph Williams, who went to war 100 years ago, and gave his life at age 19.
This is part of a professional photograph.
The brothers all have similarities.
I don't have a photo of their sister, Elizabeth Ellen, known as Ellen or Ella.
She is the mystery!
Now that I've been in contact with Paul Williams, a grandson of Robert, I have hope that one day I'll find Ellen's descendants. Paul is my 2nd cousin, and we have been emailing back and forth now for over a week. Genealogy research is never boring!

By Loretta (Williams) Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment