Thursday, April 14, 2016

Ellen Roberts, aunt to William Joseph Williams.


Here is the copy of William William's death notice sent to Miss Ellen Roberts, living at 9 Dolgaregddu Street in Ffestiniog, North Wales.
I'm not sure what happened to William's parents. His mother Elizabeth was Ellen's older sister.
I'm still working on the clues.
However yesterday I noticed that Ellen Roberts appears on the 1871 Welsh Census, so I thought I'd put the newspaper clippings together with the census to confirm that yes, this is the correct Ellen Roberts. I assume she remained single and didn't get married as in 1917 when she was 58 years old, based upon her year of birth being 1859 according to the 1871 census and her age of 12 years, she was still addressed as Miss Roberts:


This is the piece of paper which came to light recently in my Dad's collection.
I love the words which C of E Chaplain, Henry Hargreaves wrote to Ellen.


Here is Ellen's name listed in a closeup of the 1871 census.


Here is the 1871 census full page, showing the Roberts family living at Dolgarregddu Street in Ffestiniog, North Wales.

By Loretta (Williams) Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment