Friday, April 15, 2016

Findmypast 1871 Transcription for ROBERTS family


I am enjoying using Findmypast subscription, however it isn't as easy to use as Ancestry UK!
They have millions of records but when trying to find the ROBERTS family yesterday and add the 1871 census details to their family tree, I couldn't locate John Roberts and his wife Mary in Ffestiniog, until I looked page by page in St. David's Parish, and then lo and behold I couldn't add the census to my tree! I had to start all over again, so I tried looking up Mary Jane and found the family that way! Yikes. It sure took a lot of time.
But here they are, and this is what the transcription looks like.
It's very nice, and if you click on each name, you get that person's transcription.


So I printed a page for each of the ROBERTS family as family names are few and far between for me, and so I treat them like gold! I'm so happy I found them, as I'd never thought to look for them before. Elizabeth ROBERTS married JOSEPH WILLIAMS and so began the WILLIAMS clan, and therefore she is very special indeed.

By Loretta (Williams) Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment